If you’re a Milwaukee resident looking to get out of town for a day or two, there is certainly no shortage of exciting places to go that are within a day’s drive. Whether you want to take I-94 down to Chicago or head up to Green Bay to catch a Packers game, Honda offers the ideal car for the journey.
Keep reading to explore our list of the top 10 reasons why we think the 2017 Honda Fit is the perfect road-tripper. If you’ve never checked out the Fit before, prepare to be surprised and impressed!
Make Your Next Road Trip Better!
Wherever you’re headed, the Honda Fit brings plentiful assets to the road that will enhance the journey in every way. Among them, the following 10 assets are the ones we think are the most outstanding:
- Fuel Economy: One of the biggest expenses of a road trip can be the fuel to get you to your destination, but with the Honda Fit that’s not a problem. The Fit LX CVT delivers an incredible EPA-estimated 33 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway*—impressive numbers that will have you bypassing gas stations with money-saving regularity.
- Cargo Space: The Honda Fit may be a subcompact hatchback, but there is nothing small about its interior! This amazing car features 16.6 cubic feet of cargo room when the rear seat is in place. With the rear seat lowered, the Fit’s cargo capacity expands to an outstanding 52.7 cubic feet.
- Passenger Space: Space for passengers is plentiful, too. The Fit provides seating for five along with up to an impressive 95.7 cubic feet of passenger room.
- Utility Mode: Standard onboard each Fit model is a 60/40-split 2nd-Row Magic Seat. This innovative feature enables drivers to create a variety of seating-versus-cargo configurations within the car to meet the demands of each individual trip. With the rear seat folded flat into the floor, Utility Mode is put into action, opening up the car’s maximum cargo space, which is capacious enough to fit in a stack of bicycles!
- Long Mode: Long Mode is another of the Fit’s possible interior configurations, making way for long items like skis or surfboards when the passenger-side front and rear seats are folded down.
- Tall Mode: Removing the rear-seat headrests and folding up either or both rear seats creates Tall Mode, which opens up as much as 4 feet of cargo space from the floor to the ceiling to accommodate taller items.
- Refresh Mode: Honda’s engineers haven’t forgotten about the humans riding onboard the Fit, and Refresh Mode is just for them. If the car’s driver needs to pull over and take a rest, the driver’s seat can be folded down and the backseat reclined to create a nice, long sleeping spot for stretching out. The front passenger can also enjoy a restful nap during the trip, sprawled out and comfortable, by folding down the front passenger seat and reclining the backseat on the rear passenger side.
- Entertainment Tech: Road trips further become better because of the Fit’s variety of in-car entertainment amenities. Bluetooth streaming audio and USB and HDMI ports come standard, and Fit owners can also opt for available features like a 7-inch Display Audio touchscreen, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, HD Radio, HondaLink, and Pandora compatibility.
- Safety Features: It’s also important to travel safely, and the Honda Fit’s variety of safety and driver-assist features helps make that happen. Drivers and passengers alike can breathe a little easier on the road with the knowledge that they’re being helped and protected by features like available Honda LaneWatch, a multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines, an advanced airbag system with rollover and passenger sensors, and more.
- MSRP: Finally, the Honda Fit’s incredible price will have drivers jumping for joy. It’s sounds too good to be true, but the Fit LX 6MT really is priced at just $15,990 MSRP**—an amazing price tag that just about anybody can afford!
Hit the Road in the Amazing Fit!
To check out the Honda Fit in person and take it for a test drive, simply head over to any Metro Milwaukee Honda Dealers location or contact us today. We know you’ll be thrilled and amazed by the big offerings this small car brings to the road!
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.
**MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $835.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set own prices.