2017 Honda Fit Trim Levels Bring Choices to Metro Milwaukee Drivers
The days of the sparsely equipped entry-level vehicle are gone, at least when you shop for a Honda. The 2017 Honda Fit trim levels start off with the LX, equipped with advanced connectivity and safety features, an efficient yet peppy engine, and a spacious cabin—the 2017 Fit LX 6MT is priced at $15,990 (MSRP).*
- Engine and Fuel Economy: A 130-hp 4-cylinder engine capable of 114 lb-ft of torque propels the Fit, paired to either a CVT or a 6-speed manual. 2017 Fit LX models with the CVT are rated at an EPA-estimated 40 mpg on the highway.**
- Technology: Standard on the Fit LX are features like the fuel-saving ECON button, Eco Assist coaching, Bluetooth for phone and audio, USB and auxiliary audio input, and a 5-inch color LCD screen.
- Safety: A multi-angle rearview camera is standard on the Fit, offering top-down, normal, and wide-angle views of what’s behind the hatchback before you back up. Technologies like the Tire Pressure Monitoring System and Vehicle Stability Assist all work to keep the Fit a bit safer on the road.
- Convenience: The rear seat of each Fit is special; it’s a Honda Magic Seat. Foldable in four different configurations, the Magic Seat lets you expand the rear cargo area’s spacious 16.6 cubic feet to as much as 52.7 cubic feet. It’s great for larger cargo, helping a friend move, or taking the dog to the vet.
With seating for up to five passengers and 95.7 cubic feet of space in the cabin, the Fit shrugs off the “subcompact” label. This affordable, entry-level trim is a smart choice for a new parent, a first-year college student, or a young professional working in the city. And it’s the foundation of the next two trims.
The 2017 Honda Fit EX takes the features of the LX model and adds onto them with new technology and stylistic upgrades as well as an advanced new safety feature.
- Exterior Upgrades: Designed for style from day one, the EX trim adds on a new set of 16-inch alloy wheels, a pair of front fog lights, and a one-touch power moonroof. The new Smart Entry system can detect your key fob when it’s near and automatically unlock the Fit for you, too.
- Technology: HondaLink telematics, SMS text messaging, Pandora Internet radio, multiple USB inputs, and a 180-watt six-speaker stereo system all join together under your control through a 7-inch Display Audio touchscreen.
- Safety: The Fit’s rearview camera gets an upgrade at the EX level with a set of dynamic guidelines that makes backing up even easier, and it’s joined by another camera. Mounted on the passenger-side mirror, the Honda LaneWatch camera offers you an unobstructed view of your blind spot for peace of mind when changing lanes.
Even with all of the upgrades, the mid-range EX trim with 6MT is priced at just $17,900 (MSRP),* and is great for drivers looking for a versatile hatchback that brings state-of-the-art connectivity to the drive.
Drivers drawn to the practical design and high-tech features of the Fit LX or EX but seeking something a bit more plush, a bit more luxurious, the EX-L is the 2017 Honda Fit trim for you. Priced at $20,265 (MSRP),* the Fit EX-L takes the features of the previous two trims, wraps them in leather, and raises the stakes on class and comfort.
- Performance: The continuously variable transmission (CVT) comes standard on EX-L models, paired to steering wheel–mounted paddle shifters for improved control over that 130 hp. Gear changes are just a flick of the wrist away.
- Convenience and Comfort: Leather-trimmed seating, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and a leather-wrapped shift knob all place the Fit EX-L in a more luxurious world, and the standard heated front seating and heated side mirrors ensure you’re ready to go during any season.
- Navigation: The Fit EX-L is available with Honda’s satellite-linked navigation system, complete with HD traffic, voice-recognition software, and a database with points of interest.
We think the EX-L trim is the cream of the crop, the epitome of what a subcompact car should be, yet it is one of the most competitively priced vehicles in its class.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $835.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.