Get the Best in Modern Safety Features with the 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Ridgeline Passive Safety
Passive safety features often fail to garner much attention in today’s world, but those that come equipped on the 2017 Honda Ridgeline are sure to impress. Indeed, they comprise the bedrock of the Ridgeline’s ability to ensure safe travels for you and your loved ones.
- Three-Point Seatbelts: Many buyers expect to see three-point seatbelts in their vehicles today, but the 2017 Ridgeline, of course, rises well above expectations. Drivers who are used to poorly equipped pickup cabins will be excited to hear that three-point seatbelts are equipped in each of the Ridgeline’s five seats.
- LATCH System: The LATCH system, which stands for Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children, gives even more security to pickup drivers who have families to transport. With this feature, it’s easy to attach and detach your children’s car seats.
- Airbag Abundance: Drivers and passengers in the Ridgeline are protected from all manner of collisions by three sets of airbags. Dual-stage, multiple threshold airbags and SmartVent front-side airbags collaborate to provide ultimate protection for drivers and passengers in the first row of seating. An additional sensor ensures that side curtain airbags will also deploy in the event of a rollover.
- ACE Engineering: Honda vehicles are engineered with an Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure. The single-piece frame of the Ridgeline is built to absorb the shock of collisions and direct those forces away from passengers in the cabin.
Active Safety Features
The Ridgeline’s passive safety features will protect you without requiring your intervention, but most drivers know that there can be no substitute for vigilance on the road! To help you see further, in more angles, and with greater clarity, the engineers of the 2017 Ridgeline have included a variety of active features that will give you more control on the road.
Traffic Monitors: The Ridgeline is equipped with two warning systems that will give you the ability to respond quickly in scenarios where you’d otherwise lack visibility. This pickup’s blind spot information system and cross traffic monitor will light up whenever an unexpected vehicle draws close to you.
LaneWatch: In most cars, the passenger-side mirror won’t show you very much of what’s happening on your right side. In the Ridgeline, however, you’ll receive nearly four times more visual information from an embedded camera that livestreams directly to your Display Audio screen.
Rearview Camera: The Ridgeline’s standard rearview camera offers you the convenience and added safety of three different camera angles with automatic guidelines. This feature’s usefulness stretches straight from the driveway to the job site.
Honda Sensing Features
The Honda Sensing package is one of this auto manufacturer’s signature offerings. Although it isn’t available on the lower-end trims of the 2017 Ridgeline, it does come standard on the RTL-E and Black Edition trims of this already very well-equipped pickup truck. Thanks to these computer-powered driver assistance technologies, you and your Ridgeline can work as a team whenever you leave your home.
- Brake Assist: A variety of Honda Sensing features work together to make it easier to stop or slow down when you’re faced with an obstacle. A Forward Collision Warning lets you know when something is blocking your path, and the Collision Mitigation Braking System can start to bring your vehicle to a stop immediately.
- Lane Keeping Assist: Likewise, a number of Honda Sensing features work in concert to help you stay in your lane! Here, a Lane Departure Warning forms the first line of defense. When a warning isn’t enough, you’ll have the added security offered by a Lane Departure Mitigation System and a Road Departure Mitigation System.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Cruise control is great for easing the burden of the driver on long journeys, but its usefulness greatly diminishes when you’re operating on roads with traffic. With this new adaptive feature, your Ridgeline will be capable of slowing down and speeding up automatically, without ever requiring you to exit cruise control.