Seven 2017 Honda Ridgeline Trim Levels Bring Variety to Milwaukee
In a world where many base-level pickups feature little more than the bare necessities, the Ridgeline RT sets itself apart. A 280-hp 3.5L V6 engine starts Honda’s pickup off on a strong foundation, capable of towing 3,500 pounds (5,000 pounds on Ridgeline AWD models). Factor in Ridgeline-exclusive lockable in-bed trunk, the standard cargo anchors, and the dual-action tailgate, and the RT would already have an edge over its competitors.
The cabin also includes features we think our truck drivers want:
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink: Your Bluetooth-compatible devices can be connected with the Ridgeline for hands-free phone calls and streaming audio. Simply pair the device once and the Ridgeline will know to connect to it automatically in the future.
- Rearview Camera: Back your Ridgeline up with confidence thanks to the standard multi-angle rearview camera. Move into a tight parking spot or garage and line that trailer up with ease; just shift into reverse and the camera view shows up on your dash.
- Seven-Speaker Sound System: Whether heading out for work or play, it’s important to have the right soundtrack, and the 200-watt seven-speaker stereo of the Ridgeline ensures your tunes play loud and clear.
The Ridgeline RT has little trouble going up against higher trim levels of competing trucks, and it’s only up from here.
Upgrading to the next highest of the 2017 Honda Ridgeline trim levels adds on a set of comfort and convenience features in addition to upgraded 18-inch alloy wheels.
- HomeLink Remote: The Ridgeline RTS includes a built-in remote system that stores the door codes for up to three gates or garage doors to help keep your cab clutter-free.
- Smart Entry: The key fob of your Ridgeline lets the truck know when you’re near, allowing you up into the cab without ever needing to dig for keys and unlock the door.
- Tri-Zone Climate Control: With seating for up to five passengers, it could be tough to keep everyone comfortable without tri-zone climate control. Set the temperature for the rear passengers, front passenger, and the driver separately so everyone can keep comfy.
Trucks are about more than just performance, and the 2017 Honda Ridgeline Sport caters to those who want a powerful, capable pickup that also bears a sense of style. The Sport adds onto the RTS with features like these:
- 18-inch Gray Alloy Wheels: These exclusive alloy wheels give the Ridgeline a darker look, adding a bit of mystery to the truck.
- Black Trim: Exterior trim elements have been switched out for black versions to give the truck a cooler look and feel that’s sure to make an impression.
- Footwell Lighting: Red LED footwell lighting complements the black interior and accents to complete the sporty, racetrack-inspired look of this Ridgeline trim.
Going in a different direction than the Sport, the RTL opts for luxury, starting with a set of 18-inch six-spoke alloy rims and adding on a handful of modern comfort features, including:
- Leather Upholstery: The Ridgeline cab is wrapped in leather upholstery, giving the seats a touch of style and a durable design that will stand up to work and family wear and tear.
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel: Get a firm grip on the wheel and steer a 5,000-pound trailer with confidence thanks to the RTL’s leather-wrapped steering wheel.
- Front Seating: The front seats of the Ridgeline RTL feature heating elements to fight the chill of Wisconsin winters; use their power-adjustable settings to get the perfect fit.
Drivers of the 2017 Ridgeline RTL AWD will also receive upgraded acoustic glass for a serene cabin as well as side mirrors with heating elements to combat ice and fog.
Take the RTL’s luxury features and add on advanced connectivity and technology amenities, and you’ll have the RTL-T. This high-tech 2017 Honda Ridgeline trim level adds on features like:
- Android Auto / Apple CarPlay: Being connected on the road is about more than just Bluetooth, and these advanced systems speak the language of your Apple or Android smartphone, bringing familiar apps to the dash of the Ridgeline for new levels of connectivity.
- HondaLink: Honda’s exclusive telematics system does more than just connect your phone and truck. The HondaLink apps bring new versatility to both the truck, streaming favorite Internet radio stations and even reading from social media feeds, and your phone, which can now check in on the truck and schedule maintenance with a few taps in the app.
- Honda LaneWatch: Found only on RTL-T trims of the Ridgeline, this safety feature puts a camera under the passenger-side mirror and shows you what’s in the truck’s blind spot before you switch lanes.
It’s hard to define what’s between the RTL-T and RTL-E without putting you behind the wheel for a test drive. The RTL-E adds onto the RTL-T’s features with amenities that include chrome accents, a one-touch power moonroof, and a 540-watt stereo system, but there’s also a certain feel to the truck, a certain elegance that listing these features can only do so much justice to.
- Honda Sensing: The RTL-E has Honda Sensing as standard, giving drivers advanced safety technologies like Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Mitigation Braking.
- Driver Memory Settings: Hand the keys over to a friend or a valet and return the Ridgeline driver’s seat exactly where you like it with a push of a button. Driver memory settings ensure your truck always feels familiar.
- Truck Bed Audio System: That 540-watt stereo system can direct its power to this unique audio system, one that turns your truck bed into a set of six waterproof speakers, great for camping or tailgating.
The RTL-E includes all-wheel drive as standard as well.
Ridgeline Black Edition
Take the pure elegance, power, and technology features of the RTL-E and give them a dark, stylish makeover with the top-of-the-line Black Edition.
- New Leather Trim: Black leather with contrast red stitching means that the cabin of the Ridgeline Black Edition will make an impression with just a glance.
- Black Chrome Accents: Chrome exudes a certain class and style. Black chrome takes that style and gives it a cool-as-night feeling, adding a bit of subtlety to it without giving up the prestige.
- Exclusive Wheels: A set of black-painted 18-inch alloy wheels ensures the Ridgeline rides tall and stands out wherever it goes.