2018 Honda Civic Sedan Safety Features
Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure
The Honda Civic Sedan has a deep commitment to safety that is built right into its engineering structure. Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure is exclusive to Honda and helps in frontal, side, and rear impacts as well as car-to-car, car-to-barrier, and other situations.
- Absorbs and distributes crash energy away from occupants inside
- Reduces force transferred to the other vehicle involved
- Advanced Front Airbags
- SmartVent Front Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- 3-Point Seat Belts at All Seating Positions, Plus Automatic Tensioning in Front Seats
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Seat Belt Reminder
Standard Active Features
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Electronic Braking System
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- LED Daytime Running Lights
Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
Every model of the Civic Sedan comes equipped with a multi-angle rearview camera to help drivers see more of their surroundings. And with guidelines as a standard feature and dynamic guidelines as an upgrade, maneuvering in and out of tight spaces has never been easier. The camera lets drivers see what’s behind their Civic Sedan from three different angles:
- Normal View
- Wide View
- Top-Down View
The Honda Sensing suite of driver-assistance technology is available on every model of the 2018 Civic Sedan and comes standard on the Touring model. The systems help drivers see more, do more, and drive more safely on the road.
- Forward Collision Warning – This system uses front sensors to detect when you are at risk of colliding with a detected vehicle and warns the driver of a potential impact.
- Lane Departure Warning – This system warns drivers when the Civic Sedan is veering out of its lane on the highway without engaging a signal.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – If the Forward Collision Warning goes unheeded, this system can engage the brakes and steering in order to mitigate any impact.
- Road Departure Mitigation System – Using the brakes and steering, this system detects when the Civic Sedan rolls over lane lines and road markings and can keep the Civic Sedan from going off the road.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – If the Civic Sedan begins to sway out of its lane on the highway, this system can nudge the steering to bring it back to the center.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Drivers select their desired speed and the distance interval with the vehicles ahead of them on the road, and t
Honda LaneWatch comes standard on the EX, EX-T, EX-L, and Touring models. It uses a small camera mounted on the passenger-side mirror to display a live video feed of the activity going on in the driver’s blind spot when a right lane change is signaled.
- Video feed displays on the 7-inch Display Audio touchscreen.
- Drivers can see up to four times more than using the mirror alone.
More Safety Features Throughout the Trim Levels
As drivers explore the upper trim levels, you’ll find more features that enhance both convenience and safety.
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock – With this feature, drivers can gain access quickly without having to dig for the keys in bags or pockets. It also automatically locks the doors as you walk away.
- Fog Lights – Penetrate even the thickest fog to illuminate the road ahead, while also ensuring the Civic Sedan is visible to other drivers.
- Push-Button Start – Start the dynamic engine of the Civic Sedan with just the touch of a button. This convenient feature eliminates any need to rummage for the keys, which can make drivers feel vulnerable in dimly lit or unfamiliar areas.
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System – Getting lost or having to stop to ask for directions is a thing of the past with this navigation system. It utilizes voice recognition, so drivers can input instructions without having to take their hands off the wheel.