2018 Honda Fit Technology Features
Entertainment and Audio Functions
The 2018 Honda Fit may be on the small side, but it’s packed full-to-bursting with top-tier entertainment and audio features that the whole family will be able to enjoy. This year’s model comes standard with a 160-watt four-speaker audio system, Bluetooth streaming audio, and speed-sensitive volume control—and this is just the beginning of what this subcompact has to offer! Drivers who opt for a few upgrades will be able to have even more fun behind the wheel.
- 7-Inch Display Audio System: The Fit’s high-resolution Display Audio system comes standard on Sport, EX, and EX-L models. With this feature equipped, you’ll be able to create customizable touchscreen buttons that provide control over all your most-used features and functions.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto: It’s easy to get the most out of your music library when you take advantage of these smartphone-centered entertainment features. Once you’ve linked your phone, you can access and control all of your songs and podcasts using the Fit’s radio interface.
- SiriusXM Radio: Those who want even more audio options would do well to upgrade with SiriusXM Radio, a standard feature on the Fit’s EX and EX-L trim levels.
Convenience and Connectivity on the Go!
Drivers in the Metro Milwaukee area know how important it is to stay connected with friends, family, and co-workers while they’re traveling: Life doesn’t stop moving just because you’re on the road! Those who choose the 2018 Honda Fit will receive technologies that will help you reach your destination faster and keep you in the loop when you can’t reach your phone.
- Smartphone Compatibility: In addition to features like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, the Fit offers useful smartphone compatibility technologies like HondaLink, which comes standard on Sport models and above, and syncs your smartphone directly to your Fit’s onboard computer. When connected, you’ll be able to take advantage of the Fit’s SMS text message function, which lets you read and respond to text messages without taking your hands off the wheel.
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System: Although it’s only available as an upgrade on the Fit’s advanced EX-L model, this Satellite-Linked Navigation System offers tons of convenience. Its capabilities include voice-recognition technology, HD digital traffic projection, and turn-by-turn directions to nearly any destination!
- Illuminated Steering Wheel–Mounted Controls: Get a handle on all the Fit’s commonly used standard features by utilizing its steering wheel–mounted controls, standard on every trim level. The controls featured here include audio, climate, and cruise control functions.
Honda Fit Safety Technologies
Subcompact cars aren’t made the way they used to be! The 2018 Honda Fit can be equipped with all of the impressive technology features you’ll need to feel safe and secure on the highway. Its array of safety technologies now includes the entirety of the Honda Sensing safety suite, which gives it, according to Cars.com, “the most comprehensive set of active-safety features in its class.”
- Honda Sensing: The Honda Sensing suite is now available as an upgrade on all Honda Fit models that have been equipped with a continuously variable transmission! A forward collision warning and a lane departure warning give you a heads-up when there’s trouble afoot, while other features—like the collision mitigation braking system, adaptive cruise control, and a road departure mitigation system—can even take control over the vehicle to help you avoid collisions.
- Honda LaneWatch: Keep a close watch on your right-hand blind spot by taking advantage of the Fit’s LaneWatch feature. This technology powers on—projecting a live feed to a central screen—whenever you activate your turn signal.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering: The Fit’s impressive technology features aren’t all visible from the surface. Elements like Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure provide incredible protection from collisions by cleverly combining ultra-rigid and flexible building materials.