The 2018 Honda Pilot Technology
Standard Comfort Technology
- Push-Button Start – Start the engine of the Pilot with the simple touch of a button. When life is hectic and fast-paced, push-button start makes things a little easier and more convenient.
- Illuminated Steering Wheel–Mounted Controls – Drivers can adjust the controls including audio, climate, and more with just a touch of the button on the steering wheel.
- Speed-Sensitive Volume Control – When the Pilot slows down, as in a merging situation or through a parking lot, the audio will automatically soften in order to minimize any distractions. Speed back up and the volume will follow.
Upgraded Comfort and Convenience
- Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control System with Humidity Control and Air Filtration – Passengers in all three rows can adjust the temperature until it’s right for them and their comfort level.
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock – Gain access quickly without having to dig for the keys in bags or pockets. And when you walk away from the Pilot, it will automatically lock, keeping everything inside safe.
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System – Using voice recognition, 3D traffic, and more, the navigation system can expertly guide drivers to their destination, making getting lost or turned around a thing of the past.
- Touchscreen Display – A 5-inch color LCD screen is standard on the entry-level Pilot while a 8-inch audio touchscreen with customizable feature settings is standard on the upper level trims. Drivers can easily and intuitively navigate through controls to adjust the temperature, audio, and more.
- Rear Entertainment System – An available rear entertainment system comes with a 9-inch screen, DVD and Blu-ray capabilities, as well as an available HMDI input to connect to gaming systems.
- Music and Content – Listen to your favorite artists while discovering new ones with Pandora compatibility and SiriusXM radio. The Pilot also comes equipped with an MP3/auxiliary input jack and Bluetooth streaming audio to connect directly to your devices and music libraries.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Audio – Integrate the content on your smartphone into the Pilot’s audio interface and access messages, maps, and other apps on your phone.
- SMS Text Message Function – Send, receive, and draft text messages safely through the Pilot’s SMS text message function.
- Outlets and Ports – the Pilot features several 12-volt power outlets and USB ports in all three rows, so you can connect and charge all of your devices at the same time.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines – Check the surroundings of the Pilot before backing out with a rearview camera that has three different angles including normal view, wide view, and top-down view, which is especially helpful when parallel parking.
- Honda LaneWatch – A small camera mounted on the passenger’s side mirror displays a live video feed of activity going on in the driver’s blind spot. The video displays on the 8-inch audio touchscreen inside and allows drivers to see four times more than using the mirror alone.
- Blind Spot Monitoring System with Cross Traffic Monitor – Sensors detect when an oncoming vehicle, other object, or pedestrians are approaching the rear of the Pilot and notifies the driver of the activity.
- Lane Departure Warning – This system warns the driver if the Pilot begins to sway or veer out of its lane on the highway.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – If the Lane Departure Warning goes unheeded, this system can nudge the steering to bring the Pilot back into the center of the lane.
- Forward Collision Warning – Front sensors detect when an oncoming vehicle or other object is dangerously approaching the Pilot, and the system warns the driver to take swift action.
- Road Departure Mitigation System – If the Pilot rolls over lane lines or road markings, this system can engage the brakes and steering to keep it from going off the road.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – This system can employ the brakes when an impending frontal collision is detected in order to mitigate any impact.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Drivers select their desired speed and distance interval with the vehicle ahead, and this system adapts to keep the Pilot within the natural flow of traffic.