Edmunds.com comments that “Honda could have sent its engineers on a yearlong vacation to Tahiti rather than task them with updating the 2019 Civic”, but which Honda Civic sedan trim level is right for you? We often find drivers comparing Honda Civic LX vs. EX, so read on to find out how they match up on:
- Price and Residual Value
- Power and MPG
Price and Residual Value
- Honda Civic Sedan LX Price: Priced at $19,450 MSRP*.
- Honda Civic Sedan EX Price: Priced at $23,400 MSRP*.
- Honda Civic Sedan LX Residual Value: Predicted 47% ALG Residual Value After 36 months and 34% after 60.
- Honda Civic Sedan EX Residual Value: Predicted 50% ALG Residual Value After 36 months and 37% after 60.
The Honda Civic LX offers stronger up-front value with a price of just $19,450* MSRP, but the EX retains more of its value over time.
Power and MPG
- Honda Civic Sedan LX HP and Torque: A 2.0L engine delivers up to 158 hp and 138 lb-ft of torque.
- Honda Civic Sedan EX HP and Torque: A 1.5L turbocharged engine delivers up to 174 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque.
- Honda Civic Sedan LX MPG: Six-speed manual makes up to an EPA-estimated 25 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway**.
- Honda Civic Sedan EX MPG: Continuously Variable Transmission makes up to an EPA-estimated 32 mpg in the city and 42 mpg on the highway**.
If you’re looking for more exhilarating performance and strong efficiency, it makes sense to upgrade to the EX.
With a higher starting price, the EX naturally fits plenty of features as standard that you won’t find with the LX, including:
- Dual Zone Climate Control
- Voice Activated Controls for Audio and Bluetooth® Wireless Enabled Devices
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Illuminated Vanity Mirror
- Heated Front Seats
- Satellite Radio
- Power Moonroof
- Heated Exterior Mirrors
- Fog Lights
- 8-Way Power Driver’s Seat
Compare 2019 Honda Civic Sedan Trim Levels in the Flesh at Your Local Milwaukee Showroom
Whether you want to talk through current special offers or discuss Honda Civic Sedan trim levels, the team at your nearest Metro Milwaukee Honda dealer can help. For any further advice or assistance, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $920.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.