2019 Honda Civic Sedan Safety Features Deliver Perfect Peace of Mind
Active Safety Features
Active safety features are responsible for adjusting drive dynamics and warning you of danger. They’re what help ensure an accident doesn’t occur in the first place, and the Honda Civic Sedan offers a strong selection as standard:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control: Helps stabilize the vehicle while cornering and maintain traction on loose or slippery surfaces by regulating engine output and applying selective braking.
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD): When you apply the brakes, braking force is intelligently distributed between individual wheels based on road conditions, speed, vehicle load, and more.
- Brake Assist: When the vehicle senses you slamming on the brakes hard for an emergency stop, Brake Assist is activated for added stopping power.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): Monitors air pressure to let you know when the tires have either too much or too little.
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL): Low-level daytime lighting has been proven to increase your safety.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: When you enter reverse, the rearview camera automatically activates to reveal what’s behind you. Choose from Normal, Wide, and Top-down viewing angles.
Passive Safety Features
Passive safety features are ready to step in should a collision ever occur. At the core of each model is an Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure that crumples intelligently to direct impact energy away from the passenger compartment, and it’s complemented by the following further features:
- Advanced Front Airbags (i-SRS)
- SmartVent® Front Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- 3-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions
- Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH)
Driver Assistance Safety Features
As noted by The Car Connection: “Safety upgrades this year make the 2019 Honda Civic as compelling as ever.” Those upgrades come in the form of Honda Sensing driver assistance technology, which comes as standard across all trim levels.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): Your Honda Civic Sedan can scan ahead to detect any potential frontal collisions. When one is sensed, audio and visual warnings provide an alert.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™): If you fail to heed the Forward Collision Warning system, the brakes will be applied automatically to avoid a collision or reduce the severity of impact.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): An in-built camera reads common road markings to gauge your position. Should you start to deviate from your chosen lane without signaling, audio and visual warnings will provide an alert.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): Fail to react to the Lane Departure Warning system and the Honda Civic Sedan will apply corrective steering pressure to bring you back to center.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): Reads common road markings to provide a warning and corrective steering pressure if you’re ever in danger of leaving the road.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow: Uses the speed of the vehicle ahead and your distance from it to adjust cruise control settings and maintain a save gap.
Further driver assistance technologies include:
- Auto High-Beam Headlights: High-beams automatically toggle on and off as other vehicles approach and pass after dark.
- Honda LaneWatch™: When you signal, a live feed plays on your display screen from a camera mounted below the side mirror to completely reveal your blind spot.