2019 Honda CR-V Cargo Space Makes Room for All You Need
Honda CR-V Cargo Dimensions
The 2019 Honda CR-V is rightly praised by the likes of Edmunds.com for offering a “roomy interior with cavernous cargo capacity for this class”. Even while maintaining an airy and inviting 105.9 cubic feet of passenger space, the vehicle still offers:
- Up to 39.2 cubic feet of cargo space behind the 2nd row
- Up to 75.8 cubic feet of cargo space behind the 1st row
All trim levels come fitted as standard with an Easy Fold-Down 60/40 Split Rear Seat that can be flipped at the pull of a lever to change between cabin configurations, and roof rails come as standard with Touring models for convenient up-top cargo carrying.
Honda CR-V Cargo Features
It’s tempting to consider space alone when comparing SUV cargo areas, but that’s not the only area where the Honda CR-V leaps ahead. The intelligently designed cargo area offers a low load floor to make stowing larger items a piece of cake, and there’s a large hidden storage compartment under the carpeted floor panel.
Better yet, each cargo area features:
- Cargo Area Tie-Down Anchors
- Cargo Area Lights
- Retractable Cargo Area Cover
There’s even an available Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate that opens as you pass your foot beneath the rear bumper with the Smart Key about your person.
A variety of smaller nooks and storage solutions round out the Honda CR-V interior:
- Multi-Functional Center Console Storage with Sliding Armrest
- Conversation Mirror with Sunglasses Holder
- Front and Rear Beverage Holders
- Lockable Glove Compartment
- Driver-Side Garment Hook
- Door-Pocket Storage Bins
Honda CR-V Interior Accessories
- Cargo Liner: Protects your original cargo area carpeting from wear and tear and folds over the rear bumper to protect the surface during loading and unloading.
- Cargo Net: Uses elastic cord construction to prevent loose items moving as you drive and keep your grocery bags upright.
- Cargo Organizer: Provides rigid support and divides your cargo area into partitions to keep things separate and secure.
- Cargo Tray: High-quality molded plastic protects the cargo area against mud, dirt, and accidental spills.
Honda CR-V Exterior Accessories
- Cross Bars: The Honda CR-V’s Cross Bars are rated to carry up to 165 lbs., and they integrate perfectly with the vehicle’s existing roof rails.
- Roof Box: Whether you need to keep unclean items out of the cargo area or find space for a little more when the cabin is full, having 13 cubic feet of lockable storage space to play with always comes in handy.
- Ski/Snowboard Attachment: Honda AWD vehicles are a great way to reach the slopes, and the Honda CR-V lets you take six pairs of skis or four snowboards along up top.
- Kayak Attachment: Mount your kayak safely and securely using reinforced straps and ratcheting tie-downs. Soft, adjustable saddles firmly cradle the craft as you drive.
- Bike Attachment: Active families love the Honda CR-V’s ability to carry two adult bikes on the crossbars without having to take either one apart. Each attachment is lockable for added security.
- Surfboard Attachment: Getting your board to water just got easier. A telescoping design lets you fit surfboards up to 34 inches wide. You can even carry two, and the attachment can double as a standup paddleboard holder.
- Tent: Bring your own camping system wherever you happen to travel. It extends from the vehicle to sleep up to 6 people in a 10 ft by 10 ft structure.