Most American drivers seeking a new minivan only need to compare 2019 Honda Odyssey vs. 2019 Toyota Sienna. These two industry-leading models sit right at the front of the segment, so we decided to compare their two upper-level trims: Honda Odyssey Elite and Toyota Sienna Limited Premium.
The Toyota Sienna price comes in at $47,530 vs. a Honda Odyssey price of $46,970*, but does it provide added value to match a higher price?
Only the Honda Odyssey achieved:
- 5-stars for NHTSA** Overall Front Star Rating and Front Passenger Side.
The Honda Odyssey is also the only model of the two with a Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM).
- Cargo Space Behind the 2nd Row: Up to 92 cubic feet in the Honda vs. just 87.1 in the Toyota.
- Cargo Space Behind the 1st Row: Up to 158 cubic feet in the Honda vs. just 150 in the Toyota.
That’s enough room to lay a stack of 4-by-8 plywood sheets when the Honda Odyssey’s seats are folded. It even provides more legroom for added comfort:
- 1st Row Legroom: Up to 40.9 inches in the Honda vs. 40.5 in the Toyota.
- 2nd Row Legroom: Up to 40.9 inches in the Honda vs. 37.6 in the Toyota.
- 3rd Row Legroom: Up to 38.1 inches in the Honda vs. 36.3 in the Toyota.
- CabinTalk™ In-Car PA System
- CabinWatch® Rear Seat Monitor
- HondaVAC® Inbuilt Vacuum
- Android Auto
Small wonder Honda Odyssey features feel more modern. As summed up by Edmunds.com: “The Odyssey was fully redesigned last year, while the 2018 Sienna hasn’t had a full redesign since 2011.”
The Honda Odyssey Elite Bests the Toyota Sienna Limited Premium
It’s hard to seriously consider the Toyota Sienna after experiencing the Honda Odyssey. Contact us today or visit your nearest Metro Milwaukee dealer to arrange a test drive, explore current offers, or simply find out more.