The latest National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Honda Passport safety rating just came in at 5-stars*, which is the highest available overall safety rating issued as part of their New Car Assessment Program (NCAP). That means every tested 2019 Honda vehicle has earned a NCAP 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score from the NHTSA.
To find out how the Honda Passport offers such unbeatable safety, read on to explore:
- Honda Passport Passive Safety Features
- Honda Passport Active Safety Features
- Honda Passport Driver Assistance Features
Honda Passport Safety Features: Passive
Passive safety features like Honda’s Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure are responsible for keeping you safe in the unlikely event of an accident. Under impact, it keeps you safe by using a network of front-frame structures to absorb and deflect energy.
Further passive safety features include:
- Advanced Front Airbags
- SmartVent® Front Side Airbags
- Three-Row Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- 3-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH)
Honda Passport Safety Features: Active
Active safety features keep your ride under control and enhance visibility. They’re what help you avoid collisions in the first place, and the Honda Passport fits a wide selection as standard, including:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
Honda Passport Safety Features: Driver Assistance
Driver assistance features represent the cutting-edge of onboard safety. They use cameras and sensors to enhance your awareness, warn you of danger, and even act independently to prevent accidents.
Most vehicles make you pay extra for the privilege, but the Honda Passport’s Honda Sensing® suite provides the following technology as standard:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
The 2019 Honda Passport is One of the Safest Crossovers You’ll See Covering the Roads of Milwaukee
The team at your Greater Milwaukee Honda Dealers can introduce you to Honda Passport performance, talk through Honda Passport trim levels, and fill you in on the latest special offers. To explore the full AWD lineup, visit today. If you’d like to find out more, feel free to contact us directly.
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov.