Mostly known among Milwaukee drivers for its innovative dual-action tailgate, in-bed trunk, and in-bed sound system, the revolutionary 2019 Honda Ridgeline is also one of the industry’s safest pickup truck models.
The new Honda Ridgeline is:
- The only pickup truck tested by IIHS to receive a Top Safety Pick Rating
- A 5-star safety winner from the NHTSA*
- Available with leading Honda Sensing driver assistance features
Honda Ridgeline Safety Earns Top Crash-Test Scores
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) conducts some of the world’s toughest crash-testing, and they gave the 2019 Honda Ridgeline their coveted Top Safety Pick nod when equipped with optional front crash prevention and specific headlights.
The vehicle earned a top rating of Good for Headlights and the same rating in all the following crash-test categories:
- Small Overlap Front Driver-side
- Moderate Overlap Front
- Roof Strength
- Head Restraints & Seats
It isn’t just the IIHS celebrating Honda safety. Every Honda evaluated in the NHTSA’s 2019 model year NCAP testing received a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score*.
Honda Ridgeline Safety Features
The new Honda Ridgeline is built around a cutting-edge Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure that distributes impact energy away from the passenger compartment in the unlikely event of a collision occurring. To ensure you never need to put it to the test, the following active safety features are fitted as standard:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with Tire Fill Assist
The available Honda Sensing suite brings next-generation driver assistance technology:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
The 2019 Honda Ridgeline Surpasses Expectations for Pickup Truck Safety
Whether you want to compare Honda Ridgeline trim levels, explore current offers, or check out the current range of AWD models, the team at your local Metro Milwaukee dealership can help. For any further advice or assistance, simply contact us today.
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov.