It doesn’t take long for any Subaru Forester vs. Honda CR-V match-up to come out in favor of the Honda, but it’s an important comparison to make when you’re looking for the cream of the crossover SUV segment.
With that in mind, read on to compare 2019 Subaru Forester Touring vs. Honda CR-V Touring AWD CVT on:
- Price and Residual Value
- Power and MPG
- Cargo Capacity
Price and Residual Value
- Honda CR-V Price: The CR-V Touring AWD CVT priced at $34,150 MSRP*.
- Subaru Forester Price: The Subaru Forester Touring starts at $34,295 MSRP.
- Honda CR-V Residual Value: The CR-V Touring AWD CVT maintains a predicted 45% ALG residual value after 60 months.
- Subaru Forester Residual Value: The Subaru Forester Touring maintains a predicted 40% ALG residual value after 60 months.
Not only does the CR-V Touring start lower than the Forester Touring, it also holds more of its value to help demand a higher future resale price.
Power and MPG
- Honda CR-V HP: A turbocharged four-cylinder engine makes up to 190 hp and 179 lb-ft of torque.
- Subaru Forester HP: A four-cylinder engine makes up to 182 hp and 176 lb-ft of torque.
- Honda CR-V MPG: Up to an EPA-estimated 27 mpg in the city**.
- Subaru Forester MPG: Up to an EPA-estimated 26 mpg in the city.
Car and Driver criticized the Forester for its “slow, floppy handling”, and it doesn’t even compensate with superior city-based efficiency.
- Honda CR-V Cargo Capacity: Find up to 37.6 cubic feet behind the 2nd row or 75.8 behind the 1st row.
- Subaru Forester Cargo Capacity: Find up to 33 cubic feet behind the 2nd row or 70.9 behind the 1st row.
Whether you need to accommodate groceries and school bags or pack in everything you’ll want for a family vacation, the Honda CR-V offers noticeably more cargo space than the Subaru Forester.
The 2019 Honda CR-V is the One of the Finest SUVs You’ll See Across the Roads of Milwaukee
You can explore Honda CR-V trim levels, check out the Honda CR-V interior, or experience Honda CR-V performance by visiting any Greater Milwaukee Honda Dealers location. To hear about the full Honda AWD range or discuss the latest special offers, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $1,045.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.