2020 Honda Accord Safety Features
Further passive safety features include:
- Advanced Front Airbags
- SmartVent® Front Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Knee Airbags
- 3-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions
Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH): Lower Anchors (2nd-Row Outboard), Tether Anchors (2nd-Row All)
Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Seat-Belt Reminder
Child-Proof Rear Door Locks
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™): CMBS scans ahead to detect any potential collisions and provide visual and audible alerts that help you take corrective actions to avoid them. It can even apply the brakes to reduce the force of an unavoidable collision.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): A windshield-mounted camera can identify the side of the road, including painted lane lines, Botts’ Dots, and cat’s-eye markers. If you’re detected about to leave the road, a message on the MID will alert you and the vehicle will be guided back to its detected lane.
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow: Controls your preset cruising speed to maintain a safe distance between your Honda Accord and the vehicle ahead. Low-Speed Follow is ideal for driving through stop-and-go traffic.
Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): Helps you stay centered in a detected lane by applying mild corrective steering torque if the vehicle starts to drift towards the side of that lane.
Traffic Sign Recognition System (TSR): Reads and remembers the road signs that your Honda passes, then puts it on your display screen to ensure you always know the limit.
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov.