The 2020 Honda Pilot towing capacity puts it at the top of its class for anyone seeking a 3-row SUV capable of combining standard 8-passenger seating with go-anywhere capability and commanding power. Boasting features to help you haul up to 5,000 lbs. and a V6 engine for flawless power delivery wherever you venture, it’s a firm favorite among active families.
Read on to explore
- Honda Pilot Engine Specs
- Honda Pilot Tow Ratings
- Honda Pilot Towing Package
Honda Pilot Engine Specs
It doesn’t matter which Honda Pilot trim level you choose, expect up to 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque from the vehicle’s impressive 3.5L 24-Valve SOHC i-VTEC® V6 engine. It ensures everything from brisk low-speed acceleration to stately cruising on the highway, and select engine features include:
- Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM®): Deactivates two cylinders while cruising to minimize fuel consumption.
- Active Control Engine Mount System (ACM): Manages engine sound for a whisper quiet drive.
Honda Pilot Tow Ratings
Your Honda Pilot tow rating will depend on your chosen drive type, with options including:
- Standard 2WD: Enjoy up to 3,500 lbs. of towing*.
- Available AWD: Enjoy up to 5,000 lbs. of towing*.
A 3,500 lbs. rating should handle loads such as:
- Compact Utility Trailers
- Pop-Up Tent Trailers
- Light Aluminum Boats
- Tent Trailers
- Personal Watercraft
- Small Outboard Boats
Stepping up to a 5,000 lbs. rating should handle:
- Most Camping Trailers
- Small Ski Boats
- Small Horse Trailers
Honda Pilot Towing Package
If you want to tow heavy, you need the 2020 Honda Pilot towing package**. Its available addons include:
- Trailer Hitch Receiver: Provides a ball mount receiver, retaining pin, and clip.
- Trailer Hitch Harness: Provides a 7-Pin round-style connector.
- Trailer Hitch Locking Pin: Provides enhanced security.
- Trailer Hitch Ball: Available in 17/8-inch or 2-inch.
Experience the Honda Pilot Firsthand by Arranging a Test Drive
As The Car Connection writes of the Honda Pilot “it’s one of our top picks in the class—even among newer competitors.” You can check out interior dimensions, talk through trim level options, and find out about the latest special offers by visiting your closest Greater Milwaukee Honda Dealers location. For any further advice or assistance, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
*Maximum towing capacity for AWD trims is 5,000 lbs. Maximum towing capacity for 2WD trims is 3,500 lbs. Towing requires the addition of the Honda accessory towing kit, trailer harness and hitch ball. Towing capacity can be increased to 5,000 lbs on Pilot AWD models with dealer-installed ATF cooler accessory. Please see your Honda dealer for details.
**Cannot be installed with Lower Trim – Rear.