The 2019 Honda Fit was named among the Best Cars for Teens Under $20,000 by U.S. News and World Report. Many parents are understandably apprehensive about their young teenage drivers heading out on the road. Fortunately, the Fit offers an extensive list of safety features including a standard rear camera, as well as driver-assistive technology that helps new drivers drive more safely.
Active and Passive Safety Features
The Honda Fit includes a long list of both passive and active safety features. These features help ensure the Fit is performing at its best, even amid inclement weather or on slippery surfaces by maintaining good tractive control with the road.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- And more
Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
A multi-angle rearview camera comes standard on every model of the Fit and allows drivers to check their surroundings before backing up. The camera also includes guidelines to help maneuver the Fit in and out of tight spaces. With three different views, each offers an ideal angle in different driving situations:
- Normal – Check for a clear path behind the Fit before reversing.
- Wide – A wide angle allows drivers to see cars, pedestrians, or cyclists who may be approaching the rear.
- Top-Down – The top-down angle is especially helpful when parallel parking.
Honda Sensing is a suite of driver-assistive technology that includes systems that warn, prevent, and mitigate incidents and collisions on the road. The package comes standard with the entry-level LX model when equipped with the CVT transmission. The suite includes:
- Forward Collision Warning
- Lane Departure Warning
- Collision Mitigation Braking System
- Lane Keeping Assist
- Road Departure Mitigation System
- Adaptive Cruise Control
Test Drive Today
Find out more information on the 2019 Honda Fit by contacting us or visiting your nearest Metro Milwaukee Honda Dealer. Explore current offers and sit behind the wheel to experience the Fit first-hand with a test drive today!