If you’re looking for the best small car for road trips, chances are you’re looking for a Honda Fit. Exceptionally spacious and with efficiency scores and onboard features well-suited to longer drives, it’s a hard option to fault.
Read on to explore:
- Power and MPG
- Interior Space
- Comfort and Convenience Features
- Safety Features
Power and MPG
The Honda Fit makes up to 130 hp and 114 lb-ft from its four-cylinder engine for sharp city-based driving and confident highway cruising, but it’s still a top option among those looking at small fuel-efficient cars.
- Up to an EPA-estimated 29 mpg in the city and 36 on the highway with 6-speed manual transmission*.
- Up to an EPA-estimated 33 mpg in the city and 40 on the highway with Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)*.
You can drive for hours at a time without worrying about running out of gas or burning through your budget on fuel.
With up to 95.7 cubic feet of passenger space, the Honda Fit is incredibly roomy for a subcompact. Besides room for everyone to stretch out, it also offers a huge amount of cargo space for all your luggage.
- Up to 16.6 cubic feet of cargo space behind the 2nd row.
- Up to 52.7 cubic feet of cargo space behind the 1st row.
Comfort, Convenience, and Entertainment Features
Space and efficiency is one thing, but you need a road trip car to be fun and comfortable as well as practical. The Honda Fit’s available leather upholstery and heated front seats provide a first-class ride, and features include:
- Apple CarPlay™/Android Auto™ to sync music and contacts from your smartphone.
- 180-watt audio system with 6 speakers to pump out your favorite road trip soundtrack.
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with voice recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic to help you reach new destinations.
When you’re navigating unknown city streets or tackling longer highway journeys, it pays to have safety on point, and all Honda Fit trims are available with these cutting-edge driver assistance features:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
Milwaukee Honda Fit Drivers Make the Most of the Open Road
As summed up by Kelley Blue Book: “the 2019 Honda Fit appeals to folks who relish space efficiency and fuel efficiency.” It’s everything you need for a road trip in one leading subcompact package, and it’s available alongside current specials at your local Metro Milwaukee Honda dealer. To find out more, simply contact us today.
*Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.