Honda has always been proud to provide American made cars, so it’s not surprising to see them take 4 spots on the Cars.com 2019 American-Made Index. That’s more than any other manufacturer, and 2 others are produced by Acura, Honda’s premium brand.
Top 10 Honda vehicles included:
- Honda Odyssey
- Honda Ridgeline
- Honda Passport
- Honda Pilot
Where Are Hondas Made?
Come September, Honda will have been making products in America for 40 years. At present, close to two-thirds of the Honda and 99 percent of the Acura vehicles sold in the U.S. are built at plants in Alabama, Ohio, and Indiana – that’s the 2nd highest percentage among all automakers.
Each of the Honda and Acura models include in the Cars.com American Made Index were designed and developed in Ohio and California, and the Honda Odyssey, Ridgeline, Pilot, and Passport were all produced exclusively in Lincoln, Alabama.
Cars.com 2019 American-Made Index
You should already know that buying American made cars helps boost the U.S. economy, even when the manufacturer’s brand is headquartered abroad. However, most drivers don’t appreciate that several factors come into play, including:
- Assembly Location
- Domestic-Parts Content
- U.S. Factory Employment Adjusted by Sales
- Engine and Transmission Origin
Those are the factors Cars.com consider before putting together their top 10 American made vehicles. For 2019, those top models included:
- Honda Odyssey: A bolder, more luxurious, and more powerful minivan than conventional models, the Odyssey seats up to 8 in perfect comfort.
- Honda Ridgeline: Features a V6 engine as standard for up to 5,000 lbs. of towing, plus an innovative bed with Dual-Action Tailgate, In-Bed Trunk, and truck bed audio system.
- Honda Passport: An all-new Honda SUV combining strong off-road performance with up to 100.7 cubic feet of cargo space.
- Honda Pilot: Offers space for 7 across 3 rows, plus first-class features like an Advanced Rear Entertainment System with 10.2-inch screen, Mobile Hotspot Capability, and Wireless Charging.
Buy American by Visiting Your Nearest Metro Milwaukee Honda Dealer
The current Honda lineup delivers everything from top-tier hybrids to leading AWD models. You’ll find them all alongside tempting special offers at your local Metro Milwaukee Honda dealer, so contact us today to find out more or arrange a test drive.