The 2018 Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid Technology
Comfort and Convenience Technology
The Clarity Plug-In Hybrid comes with a long list of technology that bolsters comfort and convenience inside. Named the Kelley Blue Book Best Buy Award winner*, the Clarity stands out as one of the most efficient vehicle options with all the comforts of a well-equipped and sophisticated sedan. Drivers can expect to find:
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System
- Push Button Start
- Cruise Control
- Illuminated Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls
- 12-Volt Power Outlets in the front and rear
- Rear Window Defroster
Whether you’re stuck in traffic on the morning commute or headed out of town for the weekend, the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid offers ways to stay entertained when you’re on the road.
- 180-Watt Audio System with 8 Speakers
- 8-inch Display Audio Touchscreen with Customizable Feature Settings
- Bluetooth Streaming Audio
- Pandora Compatibility
- USB Audio Interface
Staying connected has never been easier or safer. Utilizing hands-free technology, the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid allows drivers to gain access to their devices and even send, receive, and draft text messages safely while keeping both hands on the wheel.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Integration
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink
- SMS Text Message Function
Honda Sensing is a suite of driver-assistive technology that helps drivers see more, do more, and drive more safely on the road. Standard on both trim levels of the Clarity, the package includes:
- Forward Collision Warning – Sensors detect if the Clarity is dangerously approaching an oncoming vehicle or other object and can warn the driver to take immediate action.
- Lane Departure Warning – If the Clarity begins to sway or veer out of its lane on the highway, this system issues a warning for the driver to correct the steering.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – If the forward collision warning goes on unheeded, this system can engage the brakes in order to mitigate any impact.
- Road Departure Mitigation System – If the Clarity rolls over lane lines and road markings, this system engages the brakes and steering in order to prevent it from going off the road.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – This system can nudge the steering to bring the Clarity back into the center of its lane on the road.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Drivers select a desired speed and distance interval with the vehicle ahead and this system constantly adjusts to keep the Clarity within the natural flow of traffic.
More Driver-Assist Technology
Apart from the Honda Sensing Package, there are more driver-assistive technology systems inside the Clarity. These features are state-of-the-art and help drivers drive better and more safely.
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition – This navigation system guides drivers to their destination, making getting lost or taking wrong turns a thing of the past. And with voice recognition, drivers can input instructions without having to take their hands off the wheel.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines – A rearview camera allows drivers to check their surroundings before backing out. With dynamic guidelines as extra help, drivers can maneuver in and out of tight spaces with ease. The camera includes a normal view, wide view, and a top-down view, which is especially helpful when parallel parking.
- Honda LaneWatch – A small camera is mounted on the passenger side mirror and displays a live video feed of activity going on in the driver’s blind spot. The video is displayed on the audio touchscreen inside the cabin and allows drivers to see up to four times more than using the mirrors alone.
*For more information, visit Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com. Kelley Blue Book is a registered trademark of Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc.