The 2018 Honda CR-V Safety Features Keep Milwaukee Drivers Safe on the Roadway
Active Safety Features
- Road Departure Mitigation System – An advanced windshield-mounted camera detects road markings to ensure that you stay in the proper lane. A visual cue, a vibrating steering wheel, and eventually an audio cue gives a warning when your car starts moving out of its designated lane. This system works to keep you safely on the road.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – A rearview mirror-mounted camera and a millimeter wave radar located in the front grille of your Honda CR-V can detect a possible collision. A visual and audio alert will occur, and if you don’t take action, the system will lightly apply the brakes. If the system detects that a collision is about to occur and you take no action, the system will engage the brakes to help lower collision impact and keep you safe.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control – This system works to keep your vehicle on the road during cornering and turning no matter what the weather. It helps your CR-V maintain traction on slippery surfaces and stabilizes your vehicle in turn.
- Lane Departure Warning – This system uses a camera on the windshield to detect road markings and warn you if you leave your lane without the turn signal being activated. This system works when the vehicle is moving at speeds over 40 mph.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System – The monitor alerts you if the tire pressure falls below an ideal range.
- LED Daytime Running Lights – These bright lights are on during the day to make sure others on the road see your vehicle.
Passive Safety Features
- Airbags – Your Honda CR-V is equipped with several advanced airbag systems to keep you and your passengers safe. These include advanced front airbags (i-SRS), SmartVent front side airbags, and side curtain airbags with a rollover sensor.
- 3-Point Seat Belts at All Seating Positions – The CR-V’s safety has been enhanced with three-point seat belts in all seats to ensure all passengers are properly and safely restrained.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure – The specialized body frame reduces the impact of a collision by redirecting impact energy away from passengers and other vehicles involved.
- Driver and Front Passenger Seat-Belt Reminder – This alert helps both driver and front passenger remember to buckle up each time you go for a drive.
- Childproof Rear Door Locks – These safety locks keep the doors secure even if a child tries to open the door from the rear seat.
Driver-Assist Safety Features
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow – Easily adjust speeds as necessary while using cruise control and keep up with the ebb and flow of traffic.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – When your vehicle leaves your lane without a turn signal indicator, this system alerts you so that you can avoid an accident or collision.
- Blind Spot Monitoring System with Cross Traffic Monitor – A small camera on the side mirrors let you know what’s in your blind spot so you know when it’s safe to make a move.
- Auto High-Beam Headlights – You always have the best lighting with these lights that come on no matter what the weather or time of day.