Honda safety ratings help you drive with perfect confidence during every journey – that’s a fact the NHTSA and IIHS can both attest to. Read on to explore:
- Honda Sensing Safety Technology
- IIHS Safety Awards
- NHTSA Safety Scores
Honda Sensing Safety Technology
Honda models use a vast range of active and passive safety features to avoid accidents and protect you from harm in the unlikely event of a collision. Honda Sensing technology is the ace up their sleeve. It comes as standard with many models and is available across the board to enhance your awareness, warn you of danger, and even act independently to prevent a collision.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
IIHS Safety Awards
The IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) tests models each year and provides a select few with Top Safety Pick and Top Safety Pick+ awards. They keep making the criteria tougher, but Honda models keep winning.
Some of the latest Honda IIHS awards include:
- 2019 Honda Insight: Top Safety Pick+
- 2019 Honda Accord: Top Safety Pick
- 2019 Honda CR-V: Top Safety Pick
- 2019 Honda Pilot: Top Safety Pick
- 2019 Honda Odyssey: Top Safety Pick
All Honda models fitted with Honda Sensing® technology were rated Superior in the IIHS Frontal Collision Protection segment, except the untested Honda HR-V.
Honda NHTSA Safety Ratings
The NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) perform a battery of crash test simulations on each new passenger vehicle to enter the US market. Each model can score up to 5-stars, and Honda models rarely earn less.
- 2019 Honda Fit: 5-stars*
- 2019 Honda Civic Coupe: 5-stars*
- 2019 Honda Civic Sedan: 5-stars*
- 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback: 5-stars*
- 2019 Honda Insight: 5-stars*
- 2019 Honda Accord: 5-stars*
- 2019 Honda HR-V: 5-stars*
- 2018 Honda CR-V: 5-stars*
- 2019 Honda Ridgeline: 5-stars*
- 2018 Honda Pilot: 5-stars*
- 2019 Honda Pilot: 5-stars*
- 2019 Honda Odyssey: 5-stars*
Honda Engineering and Safety Technology Provides Unbeatable Peace of Mind
Safety is something every driver should list as a top concern, which is why Honda continues to invest in protection technology from AWD models to fuel-efficient hybrids. Visit your local Metro Milwaukee Honda dealer to find out more, or feel free to contact us for the latest special offers.
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov.